Kushner’s Gaza Mission Ends in Deadlock as Israel Sets Tough Hamas Disarmament Demand

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.

It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Table of Content

Jared Kushner’s latest diplomatic push fails to secure a clear breakthrough as Israel insists Hamas must be disarmed before major reconstruction and further military withdrawal.

JERUSALEM: US President Donald Trump’s envoy Jared Kushner has wrapped up a two-day diplomatic mission over Gaza without securing a clear breakthrough, with Israel maintaining that Hamas must be fully disarmed before major reconstruction or a broader Israeli military withdrawal can proceed.

Kushner met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Jerusalem on Monday, one day after holding talks in Cairo with Hamas representatives, including senior political leader Khalil Al-Hayya. The meetings were aimed at reviving Washington’s stalled Gaza peace initiative and narrowing the differences between Israel and Hamas.

An Israeli official said Netanyahu reaffirmed Israel’s position that its forces would not withdraw from positions outlined in the October ceasefire framework and would continue military operations in Gaza whenever Israeli authorities consider them necessary.

Netanyahu’s office said Israel and Trump’s Board of Peace agreed that Gaza’s disarmament and demilitarization must be completed before major reconstruction begins. Working groups will focus on disarmament as well as urgent civilian needs, including sanitation, clean water and public health.

Kushner’s meeting with Netanyahu lasted several hours and was also attended by Nickolay Mladenov, the Board of Peace’s envoy for Gaza. Israeli officials described the talks as deep and constructive, while a Board of Peace official said the discussions were productive and indicated that a possible way forward had been identified.

Under the US-backed proposal, Hamas and other armed groups would surrender their weapons while Israeli forces would gradually withdraw from Gaza. An international stabilization force and a new Palestinian police structure would then help maintain security in the territory.

Hamas has argued that its disarmament must be linked to Israel fulfilling its own commitments, including withdrawing forces and ending military attacks. That disagreement remains one of the central obstacles to implementing the wider peace framework.

The negotiations are also unfolding as Netanyahu faces an election scheduled for Oct. 27. Diplomats say the Israeli prime minister may face political difficulties in making significant concessions on Gaza during the campaign.

Kushner’s meeting with Hamas representatives was his second known direct engagement with the group. He previously took part in negotiations with US envoy Steve Witkoff in October 2025, discussions that contributed to a ceasefire agreement and the release of hostages held by Hamas.

About The Author

Latest News

Click Pakistan is a professional news-based digital platform led by Editor-in-Chief Syed Tanzil Gillani, delivering credible, timely, and fact-based journalism on national affairs and current events.

© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by Alphabetic Solutions