Interior minister of state Talal Chaudhry says investigators are examining the Rawalpindi shooting and alleges the suspect had links with PTI leadership.
ISLAMABAD: Minister of State for Interior Talal Chaudhry has accused the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leadership of failing to distance itself from a recent shooting incident on Rawalpindi’s Mall Road, saying the suspect’s alleged links with party circles must be examined.
Speaking at a press conference in Islamabad, Chaudhry said a security official was injured after the attacker opened fire during the incident. He said authorities were investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting and would make the findings public after the inquiry was completed.
The minister alleged that the suspect had previously stayed at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa House and had interacted with PTI leaders. He further claimed that the individual had appeared in social media material carrying a PTI flag and showing attacks on security personnel.
Chaudhry rejected what he described as attempts to dismiss the suspect’s alleged political links by citing mental health concerns. He questioned why the individual had allegedly been positioned at the frontline of protests if there was no association with the party.
The minister also criticised what he called a growing culture of political confrontation and accused PTI supporters and leaders of contributing to hostility and unrest. He referred to previous violent episodes, including the May 9 and November 26 incidents, while warning that inflammatory political rhetoric could create further instability.
Chaudhry said vandalism, arson and attacks on security personnel could not be treated as legitimate political activity. He also criticised social media content targeting fallen soldiers and national heroes.
The minister said the government would not allow further political violence and maintained that anyone found responsible for attacks would face legal action.












