Real Madrid Drama Deepens as Mbappe Reveals Harsh Truth About His Role

Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry’s standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged.

It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

Table of Content

MADRID: Kylian Mbappe has made a startling revelation about his current standing at Real Madrid, admitting he is presently considered the “fourth-choice” forward under manager Alvaro Arbeloa.

The France captain disclosed the situation after being left out of the starting XI in Real Madrid’s 2-0 victory over Real Oviedo on Thursday, intensifying speculation surrounding his role at the club following his recent injury setback.

Mbappe, who recently recovered from a hamstring injury, was introduced in the 68th minute after Arbeloa opted to start Vinicius Junior alongside Gonzalo Garcia in attack. The French star had also remained on the bench during Sunday’s 2-0 defeat against FC Barcelona.

Speaking to reporters after the match, Mbappe insisted his absence from the starting line-up was not linked to fitness concerns.

“I’m 100% fine. I haven’t played because for the coach I’ve been the fourth striker in the squad behind Franco Mastantuono, Vini and Gonzalo,” Mbappe said.

The 27-year-old forward stressed that he respects Arbeloa’s authority despite his disappointment over the reduced role.

“I was ready to start, it’s his decision and it always has to be respected,” he added.

Mbappe also dismissed suggestions of tension with the coach, saying he fully accepts the manager’s tactical philosophy and understands the need to compete harder for a starting spot.

“I have no problem at all with Arbeloa. You have to accept the coach’s philosophy and I have to do better to play ahead of Vini, Gonzalo and Mastantuono,” he stated.

The comments come amid growing scrutiny from sections of the Real Madrid fanbase after reports claimed Mbappe travelled to Sardinia during his injury recovery period. However, the striker clarified that the trip had been approved by the club.

Arbeloa later defended his decision to bench the French superstar, explaining that rushing him back into the starting XI immediately after injury would have been unnecessary.

“For me it is very clear that a player who four days ago could not be on the bench against Barcelona, today should not start,” Arbeloa said.

The Real Madrid manager also sought to calm concerns by indicating that Mbappe is likely to return to the starting line-up for Sunday’s away clash against Sevilla.

Mbappe’s remarks have nevertheless sparked fresh debate among supporters and football analysts over his adaptation to life at Real Madrid, where competition for attacking positions remains intense despite his high-profile arrival.

About The Author

Latest News

Click Pakistan is a professional news-based digital platform led by Editor-in-Chief Waqas Aziz, delivering credible, timely, and fact-based journalism on national affairs and current events.

© 2026 All Right Reserved. Designed and Developed by Alphabetic Solutions